Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

I never stole Nigeria’s money, how can I forfeit what doesn't belong to me –Diezani



Former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke, has broken her long silence on several allegations of financial impropriety levelled against her by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and said she never stole Nigeria’s money.

Mrs. Madueke, in a statement issued yesterday, a copy of which was made available to Daily Sun, said she decided to respond to the allegations because the EFCC was taking advantage of her silence to try and convict her in the media.

The EFCC had alleged that the former minister, by an order of a Federal High Court has forfeited $153.3 million to the Federal Government.

In her reaction, Mrs. Madueke denied ever owning such money and said she was never notified of formal charges, if truly there was a prima facie evidence or indictment against her regarding the said issue.

READ MORE 

I never stole Nigeria’s money, how can I forfeit what doesn't belong to me –Diezani

Post a Comment

0 Comments